Tuesday 30 July 2013

Minnie Love

Although technically my children's names are Sholto and Esmeralda, those names don't actually get used by many people.  Mostly, the children answer to Puffin and Minnie Mouse.  I didn't intend to have children with such ridiculous names, and I frequently find myself explaining that "he's not actually called Puffin." (But then again, nobody can ever remember Sholto.  "How's Shiloh?" I get asked, as if we had named him after one of the Jolie-Pitt's offspring.)  Minnie is marginally better, I suppose.  I get a lot of "Oh, like Minnie Driver."And since she became Minnie Mouse, I've found myself becoming increasingly fond of her namesake.  So I was utterly thrilled to discover that she is on the cover of the new issue of Love:


She's not the only cover star - she's joined by an impressive line up of young beauties:  Cara Delevigne (why oh why did I pluck my Frida Kahlo slug into such submission that it now won't grow back?) Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley, Georgia May Jagger, Edie Campbell - all shot by Mert & Marcus, and all wearing specially commissioned Minnie Mouse ears.  According to the Editor's Letter, Katy Grand was inspired by the Herb Ritts image of Madonna:


And who can ever forget the amazing Irving Penn image featuring Minnie ears:


It's clear that my Minnie needs to accessorise up, although I'm thinking maybe not from Louis Vuitton, Gucci, or any of the other major fashion house that collaborated on the Love covers.  Clare's Accessories will do just fine.  And I'll start saving up the cash difference in order to one day buy her an Iriving Penn print.



The Autumn/ Winter issue of Love is out now.